1 1/2 cup dried green peas
1 small onion, chopped
2 small carrots, chopped
7-8 beans, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
1 potato, peeled and cubed
3 green chillies, slit
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 tsp fennel powder
1/4-1/2 cup thick coconut milk
salt to taste
2 dry red chillies
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 tsp oil
- Soak the green peas in enough water for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a pressure cooker, add the green peas, chopped onion, carrot, beans, potato, green chillies, curry leaves, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, fennel powder, salt and enough water.
- Then pressure cook it adding enough water for 2-3 whistles until done.
- Open the cooker and cook until the gravy thickens. Then add thick coconut milk, mix well and cook for 2 minutes over low flame and switch off.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds and fry dry red chillies.
- Add this to the curry and keep it covered for 5 minutes and then mix well.
- Serve with poori, appam, idiyappam etc…