300 gm chicken wings (chicken lollipops)
1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tsp + 1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp + 1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 1/2 tsp + 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
3 tbsp + 3/4 tsp cornflour
3 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp garlic, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 tbsp onion, chopped
2 tbsp spring onion, chopped
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 1/2 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp sugar / brown sugar
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Take chicken wings and convert them into chicken lollipops. (Check this link )
- In a bowl, add chicken lollipops, 1 tsp vinegar, ginger-garlic paste, 2 tsp soy sauce, pepper powder, 1 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder and little salt and mix well to combine.
- Keep it covered for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In another bowl, add cornflour, plain flour , 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder and little salt and mix well.
- Add chicken lollipops to this and add the egg and mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a pan and before frying shape the chicken lollipops and place it in the hot oil and deep fry them in batches at medium flame. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil and butter in a pan and add chopped garlic and ginger and saute.
- Add chopped onion and saute until soft. Add white part of spring onion and mix well.
- Add 3/4 tsp chilli powder and mix well.
- Add tomato sauce, chilli sauce and 1 tsp soy sauce into this and mix well. Adjust the salt
- Add 1/2 tsp vinegar and sugar and mix well.
- In a bowl, mix 3/4 tsp cornflour with 2 tbsp of water and add this cornflour slurry to the sauce and mix well.
- Then add fried chicken and mix well till sauce is well coated with chicken.
- Add few chopped spring onion, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot..
Recipe Source: Mahimas Cooking Class (YouTube)