1/2 kg squid / koonthal, cut into small pieces
4-5 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
3 onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp ginger, crushed
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1/2 cup grated coconut
salt to taste
1/4 cup coriander leaves
oil, as required
- Clean and cut the squid into small pieces and pressure cook it with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp chilli powder and salt for 1 whistle.
- Then fry them in little oil and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in another pan and add sliced onions , crushed ginger, garlic and grated coconut and saute well till brown.
- Add remaining chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and required salt and mix well.
- Add fried squid and mix well for 10 minutes at low flame till well coated with masala.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and switch off the flame. Serve hot…