2 1/2 cup (250 gm) palak / spinach leaves
1 1/2 cup corn kernels
2 green chillies
1 onion, finely chopped
1 big tomato
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 dried red chillies
1 tsp coriander powder
3/4 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh cream
1/2 tsp kasuri methi, crushed
salt to taste
3-4 tbsp butter
- Wash the palak leaves and boil it in a pan adding enough water. When it starts to boil, reduce the flame and cook it for about 3 minutes.
- Remove it from the flame and drain the hot water and pour cold water over it . Then again drain the water and grind it to a smooth paste adding green chillies. Keep it aside.
- Steam or boil corn kernels (or can use canned corn kernels ) and keep it aside.
- Grind 1 big tomato into a paste and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a deep pan and add cumin seeds. When it crackles, add crushed garlic and dried red chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add the chopped onion to this and saute till soft.
- Add tomato paste and saute for 2 minutes. Then add coriander powder, garam masala and salt and saute well till the oil appears on top.
- Add the palak puree to this and saute well for about 2-3 minutes on high flame. Adjust water depending on the consistency you prefer.
- Then reduce the flame and add corn kernels , mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, fresh cream and kasuri methi and mix well. Remove from the flame and serve hot….