1 choko / chayote / chow chow
3 big garlic cloves, crushed
2 green chillies
1/2 cup grated coconut
3/4 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp urad dal
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and chop choko into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add urad dal and mustard seeds.
- Add cumin seeds and when it splutters, add crushed garlic and saute.
- Add turmeric powder and kashmiri chilli powder and mix well.
- Add chopped choko and mix well.
- Add green chillies and salt and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add enough water and cook covered at low-medium flame till done.
- Add grated coconut and curry leaves and cook covered for 3 minutes.
- Open the lid and mix well until it is dry. Remove from flame and serve with rice…