2 big ripe plantains/ kerala banana / nendrapazham
1 cup rice flour (idiyappam flour)
1 tsp ghee
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup grated coconut
- Steam the bananas. Peel and then grind them into a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, add rice flour, ghee and a pinch of salt. Add banana paste little by little and mix well.
- Add hot water if required and knead well to a soft dough.
4. Grease the idiyappam maker/ press with little oil to prevent sticking.
5. Fill the idiyappam press with the dough.
6. Cut banana leaves into small pieces and gently rotate/press little dough into a circle shape onto the banana leaves ( or use idli plates).
7. Sprinkle some grated coconut on top of the dough.
8. Place them in a steamer and steam cook for 7-8 minutes.
9. Carefully remove the idiyappams to a serving plate and then serve…