4 large egg whites
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 tsp vinegar
1 1/2 tsp cornflour
250 ml / 1 cup whipping cream
2-3 tbsp icing sugar
Fresh fruits ( I used strawberries, blueberries and kiwifruit)
- Preheat the oven to 130 degree celcius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and draw a 7-inch circle on the parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl until medium stiff peaks.
- Add sugar, about 1 1/2 tbsp at a time and beat till stiff peaks are formed.
- Add vanilla essence to this and beat. Add vinegar and beat on medium speed.
- Add cornflour and fold in gently using a spatula.
- Spoon / transfer the mixture in the center inside the circle drawn on the parchment paper. Spread mixture using a spatula and make a shallow hole in the center.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake it in 130 degree celcius for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the oven temperature to 100 degree celcius and bake for 90 minutes until dry. Turn off the oven and leave pavlova to cool in oven.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream and icing sugar until firm peaks form.
- Gently take the pavlova from parchment paper and place on a serving tray.
- Fill the center with whipped cream and decorate with fruits on top..