350 gm prawns / chemmeen, cleaned
1 1/2 – 2 cup grated coconut
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
6 shallots, sliced
2 tsp ginger, sliced
1 tsp garlic, chopped
4 green chillies, slit
2 sprig curry leaves
2 kudampuli / gambooge, cut into pieces
1 tbsp coconut oil
salt to taste
- Soak kudampuli in enough water for 15 minutes.
- In a clay pot / pan, add grated coconut, turmeric powder, chilli powder, sliced shallots, ginger, garlic, green chillies, curry leaves and salt and mix / crush well with your hand/ fingers.
- Add cleaned prawns, kudampuli and 1/4 cup of water and mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring in between, until prawns are cooked and almost all water has dried up.
- Add a few curry leaves and coconut oil and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and keep it covered for 10 minutes. Serve with rice…