1/2 kg plain flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
1 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/2-3/4 cup water
oil, for frying
- Sift together plain flour , baking soda and salt in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Add eggs in another bowl and beat well using whisk.
- Add sugar and vanilla essence and beat well until it is mixed.
- In a large bowl, add sifted flour and make a well in the centre and add egg mixture and mix well with spoon. Add water, if required little by little, mix well and then knead well to a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into two. Sprinkle little flour on a baking paper and place the dough and flatten the dough into 1/2 ” inch thick using a rolling pin.
- Cut into small squares and make a small deep cut in the centre. Repeat the same with the remaining dough.
7. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry till golden brown at low-medium flame.
8. Drain on paper towels and cool completely. Serve with tea / coffee…
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair Vlogs (YouTube)