Starting my blog with strawberry banana muffin which is prepared by using fresh strawberries and ripe bananas.This recipe is adapted from Joy of Baking.
1 cup fresh strawberries ,cut into bite sized pieces
2 large ripe bananas,mashed
2 large eggs,lightly beaten
1/2 cup (113 gms) unsalted butter,melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
- Set oven to 180 degree celsius and preheat it. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or lightly butter the muffin cups.
- In a bowl,whisk together eggs,vanilla extract and mashed banana. Then add melted butter and stir to combine.
- In another large bowl,combine flour,sugar,baking powder,baking soda,cinnamon and salt.Gently fold in strawberries, making sure they are coated with flour,which helps to prevent the strawberries from sinking during baking.
- Add content of step (2) into step (3) and stir only until the ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Using spoon or ice cream scoop divide batter among 12 muffin cups,and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool and then serve…