150 gm black eyed beans, soaked overnight and drained
1 medium onion, finely sliced
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp sugar
large pinch of asafoetida
2 tbsp oil
chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the cumin seeds, fry it and then add the asafoetida and sliced onion and stir fry until golden.
- Stir in the ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
- Add the black eyed beans, chilli powder and turmeric powder, fry for 1 min.
- Add the tomatoes , garam masala, sugar and salt and mix well. Add a little water, cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until done.The beans should retain their shape.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
Simple and delicious..
Excellent side dish,packed with proteins.
Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
in the following ongoing events-
Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns
Nice curry for roti's!
absolute comfort food!!
Simple and good one 🙂
chawli curry looks so delicious
Looks so yum! Thanks so much for your lovely comment and joining in my blog. Have to visit you more often to discover your beautiful creations!
very nice currry looks so yummy n love to have with rotis!
Love this simple and yummy curry,, thanks for visiting my space
Thank you for your nice words and visiting mine. The curry looks simple and delicious, perfect for rotis