Popular South Indian Breakfast Item….
2 cups of raw rice
3/4 cup urad dal
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/2-1 tsp fenugreek seeds
water for grinding
- Soak raw rice,urad dal and fenugreek seeds for 4-5 hours.
- Wash and grind to a smooth batter by adding cooked rice and water.
- Keep the batter for fermentation in a warm place for about 8-10 hours( or overnight).
- Add salt to the fermented batter and mix well.
- Heat a non stick pan, pour a ladleful of batter at the centre. Spread the batter with the back of the ladle to form a circle.
- Cook until it is done on both sides…Serve hot with sambhar and chutney..