1 1/2 cup puttu podi
200 gm cabbage, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
4 green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 inch ginger, finely chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
few curry leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add finely chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves and salt and saute well till transparent.
- Add finely chopped cabbage and stir well. Sprinkle little water and cook till done.
- When cooked, add grated coconut and mix well. Remove from flame and keep it aside.
- Mix little salt in water and add this water little by little to the puttupodi till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps.
- Take a puttu maker and layer it with 2 tbsp cabbage mixture first, then the puttupodi and then again the cabbage mixture. Repeat the process, till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 2-3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot..