2 big ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup sago seeds
200 ml fresh cream
1 cup milk
1/2-3/4 tin condensed milk
1 tbsp gelatin
1/4 cup water
- Soak sago seeds in water for an hour.
- In a pan, boil water and add soaked sago seeds and cook it until soft and transparent.
- Pour the cooked sago into a sieve and wash it under a running tap water to remove the starch. Keep it aside.
- Soak gelatin in 1/4 cup water for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, add the chopped mangoes and puree it along with milk and condensed milk.
- Melt the soaked gelatin by double boiling method (ie, melting gelatin by placing it over the pan of boiling water) and mix with mango cream mixture.
- Add the cooked sago into this and mix well.
- Pour into a pudding dish and keep it in the refrigerator till set. Garnish with chopped pistachios and mango pieces….Serve chilled…
- Can also prepare without adding gelatin – Mango Sago Dessert
Recipe adapted from here