1/2 cup broken rice/ podiyari
2 cup water
1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
few curry leaves
2 tbsp oil
- Soak broken rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves, chopped carrot , green chillies and salt and saute well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broken rice/ podiyari and water and bring it to boil.
- Then reduce the flame and cook covered till the rice gets cooked and all the water has evaporated..
- Remove from flame and serve warm….