1 1/2 cup puttu podi
3/4 cup grated coconut
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
few curry leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp chilli powder
3/4-1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper powder
- In a bowl, beat the eggs adding little pepper powder and salt.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add the beaten eggs and scramble them. Transfer to a plate and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in the same pan, add chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves and saute well until onion turns transparent.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and salt and saute well until tomato turns soft.
- Then add scrambled eggs , mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from flame and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix puttupodi and salt to taste. Add water little by little to this puttupodi till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps.
- To prepare puttu, take a puttu maker and layer it with 1 tbsp grated coconut first, then 3 tbsp egg masala mixture and then the puttupodi as the third layer. Repeat the process, till the puttu maker is filled and the last layer with grated coconut.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker. Remove it to a plate and serve hot…