1 cup / 250 gm kaima rice /jeerakashala rice
1 large / 100 gm carrot
1 big onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
2-3 tbsp ghee
2 pieces of cinnamon
chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
- Soak the rice in water for 10 minutes. Then wash the rice and keep it aside to drain.
- Peel and grate the carrot and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan and add cinnamon and cloves.
- Add sliced onion and saute well till soft.
- Add garlic paste, ginger paste, chilli powder and grated carrot and stir well for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add drained rice and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water and salt and cook covered on low flame until rice is cooked and all the water is absorbed.
- Switch off the flame and keep uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with any curry of your choice 🙂