2 cups raw rice/ long grain rice/ pachari
1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 cup cooked rice
1 onion, chopped
2-3 tsp thinly sliced onion (optional)
- Soak rice in water for 4-5 hours.
- Grind it with chopped cucumber, grated coconut, cooked rice, chopped onion and salt adding about 2 cups of water to a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat, add little oil and add 1 tsp of sliced onion ( will increase taste) and fry till golden colour.
- Add 4-5 ladleful of batter into this pan .Cover with a lid and allow to cook until set.
- When the bottom and sides turns lightly brown, flip it over and cook other side for 10 minutes to get a crispy/golden layer.
- Remove from flame and repeat the same process with the rest of the batter until all the batter is used up. Serve with any spicy curry…