1 big / 1 1/2 cup brinjal, cubed
tamarind, size of a lemon
1 jaggery cube/ 2-3 tbsp grated jaggery ( or add as per your taste)
2-3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Soak tamarind in 1-1 1/2 cup of water and extract its juice and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves, dry red chillies, chilli powder and cubed brinjal and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and saute well till it turns light brown.
- Then add tamarind extract and jaggery , mix well and cook covered on low flame till done.
- Switch off the flame and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with curry leaves and serve with rice…