1/2 kg chicken
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
2 sprig curry leaves
3 green chillies
1 ” piece ginger
5 garlic cloves
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
a pinch/ few drops of red food color
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp yoghurt
1 tbsp plain flour
1 1/2-2 tbsp rice flour
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Clean and cut the chicken into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Grind coriander leaves, curry leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic together to a coarse paste.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add chilli powder, garam masala, red food color, lemon juice, yoghurt , rice flour, plain flour and salt to this and mix well.
- Add the cleaned chicken pieces , mix well and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken in batches till brown on both sides at medium heat., about 3-4 minutes. Do not over fry the chicken pieces.
- Drain into paper towels and garnish with fried curry leaves.. Serve hot..