1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 over ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a loaf pan with butter or spray with cooking spray and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add mashed ripe bananas, brown sugar, oil, vanilla essence and milk and combine well.
- In another bowl, combine together all purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients ( step 3) to the prepared banana mixture and mix gently using a wooden spatula until just combined. Do not overmix.
- In a bowl, combine together 3 tbsp boiling water and 3 tbsp cocoa powder and mix well until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of the prepared batter to the cocoa mixture and stir gently until well combined.
- Add 3 tbsp boiling water to the remaining batter and mix gently until just combined.
- Spoon the two batters alternately into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan on a rack for about 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely. Cut into slices and serve…