1/2 cup toor dal / thuvara parippu
1/2 cup unakka chemmeen / dried prawns
1 tomato, chopped
1 onion, chopped
4 green chillies, slit
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp oil
- In a pressure cooker, add toor dal, chopped tomato, 2 slit green chillies and salt and cook it for 3 whistles adding about 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds and chopped garlic and saute.
- Add cleaned dried prawns and fry well. Then add chopped onion and 2 green chillies and saute well.
- Add curry leaves, turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Then add cooked dal and mix well. Adjust water and salt.
- Bring it to boil and add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve hot…