2 1/2 cup digestive biscuits, finely crumbled
1/4 cup cashew nuts, chopped
140 gm butter
1 1/2 cup paneer, crumbled
3/4 tin condensed milk ( add according to your sweetness)
1/2 cup hung yogurt
1/2 cup cream
1 tbsp gelatin
1/4 cup warm water
a pinch of saffron
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
15 gulab jamuns
ground pistachios, for garnish
For the crust / base:
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan with butter or oil and place a cling wrap on the base.( It will help to demould easily)
- In a bowl, add combine the biscuit crumbs and cashew nuts.
- Stir in the melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Press this mixture to the prepared pan and refrigerate it while you make rest of the cheesecake.
For the filling:
- In a glass, take saffron and pour in milk and microwave it for about 20 seconds. Let it cool.
- In a small bowl add gelatine and warm water and mix. Then microwave for about 30 seconds till it is well dissolved. Let that cool slightly.
- In a blender, add the crumbled paneer, condensed milk, hung yogurt and cream and blend well until smooth.
- Pour the paneer mix into a large bowl and add in the saffron milk and cardamom powder.
- Add the gelatine though a strainer and mix well.
- Take out the biscuit base from the refrigerator and place a layer of gulab jamun. If the gulab jamuns are big, then cut it into half and place them.
- Pour the paneer mix over this and refrigerate for minimum 4 hours to set completely.
- Garnish with ground pistachios….Remove from the springform pan and then serve…
- Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth or put it in a strainer overnight in the refrigerator and then use the thick yogurt.
- Use the soft paneer for this recipe. If the paneer is frozen, just heat it in the microwave oven till it is soft and then crumble it.
Recipe Source: savoryandsweetfood.com