2 medium carrots
1 medium beetroot
1 onion (1/3 cup), chopped
3 green chillies, slit
1/4 tsp chilli powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and cut the carrots and beetroot lengthwise into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion and slit green chillies and saute for 2 minutes at medium flame.
- Add beetroot pieces and salt, mix well and cook covered adding about 1/4 cup of water for 4-5 minutes until beetroot is half done.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and carrot pieces and mix well and cook covered for few minutes.
- Open the lid and cook for few more minutes until both carrot and beetroot are soft and cooked and the water completely dries up.
- Switch off the flame and serve with rice and other side dishes…