6 leftover idli
4 tbsp rice flour
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp + 1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
2 whole green chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp chilli powder
3 tbsp tomato sauce
salt to taste
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
oil, as required
- Cut idlis into cubes and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice flour, plain flour, ginger-garlic paste, 1 tsp soy sauce, salt and enough water and make a thick batter.
- Add idli pieces into the batter and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop the marinated idli pieces in hot oil and deep fry them till golden brown and crisp. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add curry leaves and 2 whole green chillies and saute.
- Add chilli powder and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp soy sauce, tomato sauce and salt and mix well. Add little water and mix well.
- Add fried idli into this and mix till well coated with the sauce.
- Add coriander leaves and remove from the flame. Serve hot…