1/2 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 tsp + 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp chicken masala powder
3 onions, sliced
1 tbsp ginger-garlic-green chillies, crushed
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tomato, finely chopped
1 capsicum, sliced (I used mix of green, red and yellow capsicum)
salt to taste
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
small piece cinnamon
oil, as required
- Clean the chicken pieces and marinate it with 1 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and salt and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the marinated chicken and keep it aside.
- Saute the capsicum slices in 1 tbsp of oil and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
- Add sliced onion, crushed ginger-garlic-green chillies, curry leaves and little salt and saute till it turns golden in colour.
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and chicken masala powder and saute well. Adjust the spice powders.
- Add the shallow fried chicken and chopped tomato and mix well.
- Adjust the salt and cook covered till done. Add hot water if required.
- Add sauteed capsicum and 1/2 tsp pepper powder and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot..