1 large or 2 small karimeen / pearl spot fish, cleaned
6-8 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp pepper corns
2 1/2-3 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt to taste
3 sprigs curry leaves
coconut oil, as required for frying
- Clean the pearl spot thoroughly and make slits on each side of the fish and keep it aside.
- Grind together shallots, garlic, fennel seeds, pepper corns, chilli powder, turmeric powder, few curry leaves, salt and juice of half lemon.
- Apply the ground paste on the cleaned fish and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan/ tawa and spread some curry leaves.
- Place the marinated fish and fry in hot oil on both sides till done. Serve hot…