2 big green apples
1 1/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 green chillies, slit
3/4 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 1/2 cup yoghurt, beaten
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 dry red chillies
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
- Peel and chop green apples into small cubes.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and shallots to a fine paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the cubed apples and cook it covered adding green chillies, chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 sprig curry leaves , salt and enough water until it turns soft.
- Add the ground coconut paste to the cooked apple, mix well and cook at low flame for 3-4 minutes, stirring gently in between.
- Add the beaten yoghurt and mix well and heat for 1-2 minutes. Don’t allow to boil. Switch off the flame.
- Adjust the salt and add 1/2 tsp sugar and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies. Switch off and add a pinch of chilli powder and mix.
- Pour this seasoning over the pulissery…Keep it covered for 10 minutes and then mix well and serve with rice…