2 cups red amaranthus / spinach leaves / cheera, chopped
3/4 cup toor dal / thuvaraparippu
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
10-12 shallots, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 1/2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker, add toor dal and cook it adding a pinch of turmeric powder, little salt and enough water for 2 whistles. Keep it aside.
- Wash and finely chop red spinach / cheera and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add dried red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped garlic, shallots and green chillies and saute until transparent.
- Add chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add chopped cheera and salt and mix well. Sprinkle little water and cook it covered till done.
- Then add cooked dal and mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Switch off the flame and serve with rice…