250 gm beef, cut into pieces
1 1/2 cup tapioca / kappa, peeled and cubed
1 big onion, finely chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp ginger, crushed
1 tbsp garlic, crushed
3/4 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp + 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp meat masala
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
1-2 eggs, lightly beaten
bread crumbs as required
oil, as required
- Clean the beef pieces and pressure cook it adding 1/4 tsp pepper powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt and about 1/2 cup of water. Shred it and keep it aside.
- Cook the tapioca pieces in enough water adding salt. Drain the water and mash it well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion, green chillies, curry leaves, crushed ginger and garlic and saute well at medium flame.
- Add chilli powder, garam masala, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, cumin powder and meat masala and saute well till raw smell goes.
- Add shredded beef and mix well at low flame.
- Add mashed tapioca and coriander leaves and mix well at low flame, sprinkle little water if required and mix well.
- Adjust the salt and switch off the flame.
- When the mixture is cooled, make small balls out of it and flatten into desired shapes.
- Dip each cutlet into the beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs till well coated on all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets on medium flame till golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel…Serve with tomato sauce…