For the cake:
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup yogurt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 tbsp rose syrup
red / pink food colour
For Rose Milk Soaking Mixture:
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup fresh cream
1/2 cup condensed milk
4 tbsp rose syrup
For Frosting / Topping:
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup icing sugar
edible rose buds / dry rose petals
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a baking pan / heatproof dish with cooking spray or butter and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add yogurt and baking soda and mix and keep it aside for 5 minutes to foam up.
- Now add sugar, oil and 1 tbsp rose syrup into the same bowl and mix until well combined.
- Then gently sift in plain flour, baking powder and salt and mix until everything is well combined and form a smooth batter. Add 2-3 drops of food colour and mix.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from oven and let it cool completely.
- In a bowl, make the rose milk mixture by combining milk, fresh cream, condensed milk and 4 tbsp rose syrup. Refrigerate till you use..
- When the cake is completely cooled, poke holes on the cake with a fork / skewer.
- Pour in the rose milk mixture all over the entire cake (reserve some to pour while serving) and then refrigerate to allow the cake to soak up all the rose milk.
- In a bowl, whip the cream and icing sugar till you get stiff peaks. Then spread this whipped cream frosting over the cake.
- Garnish it with chopped pistachios and edible rose buds / dry rose petals…Serve
- While serving, cut into slices and pour the remaining rose milk mixture around the cake slice and serve…