3/4-1 cup basmati rice ( 2 cups cooked basmati rice)
1 cup frozen green peas
1 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp sugar (optional)
salt to taste
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Wash the rice and cook in a deep pan adding enough water and salt till done. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it splutters, add chopped garlic and green chilli and saute well.
- Add chopped onion, green peas and little salt and saute well.
- Then add 2 cups of cooked basmati rice into this and mix well.
- Add garam masala and 1/4 tsp of sugar and mix well at medium-high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Remove from the flame…Serve with pickles/ raita / yogurt etc..