800 gm chicken wings, cleaned
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cornflour
3 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp honey / sugar
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped or grated
salt to taste
oil, as required
toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
2 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chilli powder and salt.
- Add cleaned chicken wings and mix well to coat evenly. Marinate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a plate, mix plain flour and cornflour and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Dip each marinated chicken wing into the flour mixture to coat, then carefully drop it into the hot oil.
- Fry in batches , turning occasionally until it turns golden brown and crispy, about 10-12 minutes per batch.
- In a sauce pan, combine chilli sauce, soy sauce, tomato sauce, honey, finely chopped garlic and ginger.
- Cook at medium flame, stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens and becomes glossy.
- Then toss the fried chicken wings in the sauce until evenly coated.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.. Serve hot…