100 gm raisins
4 green chillies, chopped
medium piece ginger, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3-5 tbsp jaggery ( add to your sweetness)
large gooseberry sized tamarind
2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp fenugreek powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
2 tbsp vinegar
4 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
- Soak large gooseberry sized tamarind in 1/2 cup water and keep it aside.
- Melt jaggery in 1 cup of water and keep it aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add cleaned raisins and fry at low flame for 2-3 minutes. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, splutter mustard seeds. Add chopped ginger and garlic and saute well till raw smell goes.
- Add curry leaves and slit green chillies and saute well.
- Reduce the flame and add kashmiri chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well till raw smell goes.
- Add jaggery syrup and mix well. Add tamarind extract and salt into this and boil well at low flame till it thickens for about 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar, fenugreek powder and asafoetida powder and mix well. Add raisins and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, let it cool and store it in an air tight container. Serve with sadhya, biriyani etc…