300 gm long beans / achinga payar
6 shallots, crushed
1 sprig curry leaves
2-3 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- Wash and chop long beans into 1 inch pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add crushed shallots and curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Then add chilli flakes and saute again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add long beans pieces, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle 3-4 tbsp of water and cook covered at low -medium flame till the beans are cooked well, stirring occasionally.
- Open the lid and adjust the salt. Keep the pan open and saute until the water completely dries up…
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with rice…