1 3/4 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
250 gm dates (1 cup), finely chopped
125 gm softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree celcius. Grease a loaf pan with butter or spray with cooking spray (or line with baking paper).
- Sift together plain flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, sugar, eggs, milk and chopped dates and mix together.
- Add the sifted flour mixture into this and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Then beat using an electric mixer at high speed for 3 minutes until pale.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely… Then slice the loaf and serve…