1 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves / malliyila, chopped
1 big onion, chopped
4-5 dry red chillies
2 garlic cloves
2 green chillies, chopped
gooseberry sized tamarind
1 tbsp chana dal
1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp urad dal
few curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a pan and add chana dal and 1 tbsp urad dal and fry.
- Add tamarind, 3-4 dry red chillies, garlic and green chillies and saute well.
- When it starts to change colour, add chopped onion and saute well adding little salt till soft.
- Add coriander leaves and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and cool down and then grind to a smooth paste adding enough water.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp urad dal. Add few curry leaves and 1 dry red chilli and fry.
- Pour this tempering over chutney. Mix and serve with idli/ dosa…