3 ripe bananas / plantains / nendrapazham
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/4 cup sugar / jaggery
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/2 cup wheat powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
oil, for frying
- Cut the bananas/ plantains into pieces and steam cook until it turns soft.
- Peel off their skin and transfer to a bowl and mash well using a fork without any lumps.
- Then add grated coconut, sugar, salt, cardamom powder and cumin powder and mix well with hand.
- Add baking soda and wheat powder little by little and knead well to a dough.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Now lightly oil the palm and take a small ball of banana dough, flatten it and make a hole in the centre ( like vada ).
- Drop this slowly in the hot oil and fry till golden brown on both sides. Remove it from the oil and serve with tea or coffee…