1 kg crabs, cleaned
1 tbsp pepper corns
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
3 sprig curry leaves
2 green chillies
1 cup shallots
1 tsp crushed ginger
2 tsp crushed garlic
2 onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 cup grated coconut
5-7 cashew nuts
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Cut the crabs into pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- Crush together pepper corns, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, 2 sprig curry leaves and green chillies. Then add shallots and crush again together. Keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut with cashew nuts and 1/2 cup of water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a manchatti / pan and add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and 1 sprig curry leaves and saute well.
- Add chopped onions and salt and saute well.
- Then add crushed mixture and saute well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and saute well till soft.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and when it boils, add the ground coconut paste and cleaned crabs.
- Adjust the salt and cook for 15-20 minutes till the crabs are cooked well and the masala is well coated with crab pieces.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot…