1/4 cup lemon juice
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
28 sponge fingers/ lady’s fingers
250 ml whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup icing sugar
250 ml mascarpone cheese
500 gm lemon curd ( home made or store bought )
- Add lemon juice, sugar and water in a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the flame and allow to cool down completely.
- Add whipping cream in a mixing bowl and whip until it forms soft peaks. Add vanilla essence and icing sugar and whip again until it forms stiff peaks.
- In another large bowl, beat mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- Then gently fold the cream mixture into the mascarpone cheese.
- Take a glass or baking dish, dip the sponge fingers, one by one, into the lemon syrup and layer them side by side until you cover the bottom of the dish.
- Top with half of the mascarpone cream mixture and spread evenly over the sponge fingers.
- Now add half of lemon curd and spread evenly over the cream mixture.
- Then again layer another layer of sponge fingers dipped in lemon syrup.
- Top it with rest of the cream mixture and spread evenly and lastly add the remaining lemon curd and smooth the top.
- Cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight. Cut into slices and serve …..
- Can garnish with lemon slices or piped cream or decorate as you wish…