1/2 kg small and ripe mangoes ( mangoes with blend of sweet and tanginess is best )
6-7 green chillies
2 sprig curry leaves
3/4 cup grated coconut
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch of fenugreek seeds
2 dry red chillies
a pinch of chilli powder
a pinch of fenugreek powder
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel the mangoes and keep it aside ( small sized mangoes are peeled and the whole mango with seed is used for making this curry).
- In a pan, add peeled mango, 2 slit green chillies, few curry leaves , salt and 1/2 litre of water and cook covered till done.
- Grind grated coconut, 3 shallots, 4-5 green chillies, garlic cloves, cumin seeds and turmeric powder together adding little water to a smooth paste.
- Add this ground paste to the cooked mango and heat well at low flame. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add 3 sliced shallots, dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry till shallots turn brown.
- Add a pinch of chilli powder and fenugreek powder and mix well.
- Add this tempering to the curry and mix well. Serve with rice…
Recipe Source: Mahima’s Cooking Class (YouTube)