2 cups brown rice
3/4 cup urad dal
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 cup beaten rice / aval
salt to taste
- Wash the rice and soak in water for 5-6 hours.
- In another bowl, add urad dal and fenugreek seeds and rinse it well adding water. Then soak it in water for 5-6 hours.
- Soak aval / beaten rice flakes in little water half an hour before grinding.
- In a blender, add the drained urad dal and soaked beaten rice flakes and grind well to a smooth paste adding little water. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Then add the drained rice in the same blender and grind it to a smooth paste adding enough water.
- Transfer to the same bowl and mix well using hand.
- Cover and keep it for fermentation for 8-10 hours or overnight.
- Add salt to the fermented batter and mix well.
- Heat a dosa tawa/ pan and lightly grease with oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the centre and using the back of the ladle spread as concentric circles.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil over the dosa and cook till done. Turn the other side and cook if required.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar or any other curries…