1/2 kg paneer
1/2 cup cashew nuts / kaju
1/2 inch ginger, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp fennel powder
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Soak cashew nuts in 1/2 cup of water for 15 minutes. Then grind to a smooth paste adding the water in which it was soaked and keep it aside.
- Cut paneer into cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped ginger, garlic and onion and saute till onion turns golden brown.
- Add chopped green chillies and tomato and saute till the tomatoes become soft.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and fennel powder and saute till the oil separates.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool and then grind to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Add this ground paste to the same pan and keep at low flame. Now add the cashew paste and stir well to combine.
- Add the salt and add more water if required depending on the thickness you want for the gravy.
- Bring to a boil and add paneer pieces and stir to combine well and cook on low flame for another 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame. Serve hot…