Baatt Pathal is a crispy snack, common in North Malabar in Kerala. Popular snack around the time of Eid…..Can be stored in air tight containers for upto 2 months.
2 cups raw rice/ pachari
1 cup dried coconut slices/ kotta thenga, thinly sliced
1 1/2- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
oil for frying
- Wash and soak rice in water for 3-4 hours. Grind it adding enough water and salt to a thick batter.
- Add dried coconut slices and sesame seeds to the batter and mix well.
- Heat the prepared batter in a pan for 2-3 minutes in medium flame. Transfer to a bowl or plate and knead well to a dough and make small balls out of this dough.
4. Place each ball in a pathiri or puri press between two plastic covers and press it to a thin small round shape like puri.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry the prepared baatt pathals on both sides till golden brown.
6. Store in an air tight container and enjoy with your tea…