300 gm paneer, cut into small cubes
1 big onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
3 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 big tomatoes, grind to paste
2 tbsp fresh cream
2 tsp butter
3 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp ajwain/carom seeds
1 tsp kasuri methi, crushed
salt to taste
chopped coriander leaves
- Heat ghee in a tawa or pan and add ajwain. Then add chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies and saute well.
- When it starts to change its color, add chopped onion and saute till transparent.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder , 1/2 tsp garam masala and tomato paste and saute well till all the water evaporates.
- Then add 2 tbsp water and salt and stir well. Add 1/2 tsp kasuri methi to this and mix well.
- Reduce the flame and add paneer cubes little by little stirring gently without breaking the paneer and mix well. Add little water if required and mix well till paneer is well coated with masala.
- Add fresh cream and adjust salt and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves , 1/2 tsp kasuri methi and 1/2 tsp garam masala and mix well till the gravy is well coated with paneer.
- Switch off the flame and add butter and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and little fresh cream…Serve hot..