1 big whole chicken
4 big onions, sliced into cubes
8 green chillies
2 medium tomatoes, cubed
12-15 small garlic cloves
1 tbsp crushed pepper
3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2-1 cup chopped coriander leaves
2 tsp cornflour
1/2 cup water
salt to taste
- Clean the whole chicken and make slits on it and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, take whole garlic cloves, cubed onions, crushed pepper, turmeric powder and salt and mix well using hand.
- Then add cleaned chicken to this bowl and marinate it well with above ingredients (step 2) all over both inside and outside using hand. Keep it aside for at least 2 hours.
- In a pressure cooker, add this marinated chicken, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves and water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. Switch off the flame.
- Separate the chicken stock/ gravy from the cooker to a pan and place the cooked chicken in a serving plate.
- In a bowl, mix cornflour with 2-3 tbsp water and keep it aside.
- Heat the pan with chicken stock/gravy and when it starts to boil, add the cornflour mixture little by little till the gravy thickens. Switch off the flame.
- Pour this prepared gravy over the cooked chicken and serve hot……
Recipe adapted from Magic Oven
Such a quick and delicious chicken ..