13-15 bread slices
250 gm chicken
1 big onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
few curry leaves
few coriander leaves
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
bread crumbs as required
- Cook chicken with pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt adding enough water. Shred it and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan, add chopped onions and saute well. Add ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies, curry leaves and little salt and saute well.
- Add garam masala , chilli powder and a pinch of turmeric powder and mix well.
- Then add shredded chicken, mix well and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Remove from flame and keep it aside.
- Cut the sides/ crust of the bread slices. Dip a bread slice in water just for a second and squeeze it very well between the palms.
- Place 1 tbsp of the prepared chicken filling in the bread slice and fold/ roll it and press the edges to seal properly. Repeat the same process with other slices of bread.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Dip each bread roll in this beaten egg and then roll it in the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the rolls at medium flame until golden brown. Serve hot with sauce..
- You can also flatten/ roll the bread using a rolling pin to make thin.