1/2 kg beef, cut into thin strips
2 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp cornflour
5 dry red chillies ( grind it to a paste) / 1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
a pinch of red food colour
3 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 big capsicum, sliced
2 green chillies, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
3 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp tomato sauce
1 tsp pepper powder
salt to taste
- Pressure cook the beef strips adding 1 tsp soy sauce and little salt and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add the plain flour, cornflour, chilli paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, red food colour and salt, mix well and make a smooth paste adding 1-2 tbsp water.
- Marinate the cooked beef strips in this paste and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Deep fry the marinated beef in hot oil at medium flame and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add finely chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Then add green chillies , onion and capsicum and stir fry it on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add 2 tsp soy sauce, tomato sauce, pepper powder , a pinch of sugar and salt and mix well.
- Then add fried beef pieces, mix well and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve as a side dish or as an appetizer…
- You can also add cashew nuts and dry red chillies in this recipe as in Dragon Chicken..