1/2 kg boneless chicken/ 2 chicken breasts, chopped
2 large onions, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp garam masala
3/4-1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
- In a saucepan, combine the cleaned chicken pieces with chilli powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt.
- Then cook it covered on medium flame adding enough water till the chicken has cooked well. Shred the cooked chicken and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and little salt and saute till translucent and slightly brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chillies and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/4 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add the cooked shredded chicken and mix well for 3-4 minutes on medium flame. Check for salt and add more salt or spice if needed.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves, mix well and cook for a minute. Remove from the flame and use it as a filling for snack..
- Can store the chicken filling in an air-tight container and keep refrigerated for a week or put small portions of the filling in separate freezer/ ziplock bags and freeze for later use as filling for snacks..