200 gm mushrooms, finely chopped
1 big onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp plain flour/ maida
3/4-1 tsp pepper powder
500 ml milk
25 gm butter ( or use 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil)
1/2 tsp dried parsley leaves/ oregano
salt to taste
- Heat butter in a thick bottomed pan and add chopped onion and saute well till it turns light pink.
- Add cleaned chopped mushrooms to this and saute till it gets cooked and all the water dries up.
- Add plain flour and pepper powder and mix well. Then add 1 cup of water and salt and mix well.
- Then add milk, stirring continuously and allow it to boil for 5 minutes. Add dried parsley leaves/ oregano and switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool and then using a blender, puree/ blend the soup until smooth.
- Transfer this puree back to the pan and heat it again stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes.
- Adjust salt and pepper powder and serve hot in serving bowls….
I love mushrooms, I am wondering why I never made this soup… so delicious!